Pages

Sunday, February 4, 2018

My Lolita Pilgrimage TO NEW YORK!!


Hello, Lolis, today I'd like to tell you about my trip to New York City, USA!
In NYC, there is a live store for the Lolita brand BTSSB (Baby, the Stars Shine Bright) and I, of course, had to go there! First of all, the trip itself was amazing! I drank a ton of bubble tea (one of my favorite drinks) and had some Pocky!
The BTSSB store was actually a combination of Baby and Tokyo Rebel, a Japanese gothic fashion store, although I was quite obviously more interested in Baby. The store was smaller than I expected but lovely nonetheless. It was one room with a small dressing room. The store had stocked many items from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright and Alice and the Pirates. The cashier who helped me was really kind and willing to cater to my silliness. xD When I first walked in, I saw the most beautiful JSK ever in the window and bought it (after trying it on). I bought the Fairy of Snow JSK (pink, which was the JSK I saw in the window), the matching headpiece, a pink blouse, AATP lace-up ribbon OTKs...


(I did a quick hotel photoshoot)
I also bought the Night of the Devil's Castle JSK (in purple) with matching blouse and bonnet. (But you'll have to wait for pictures of that since I unfortunately haven't had time to take pictures of that one)
The customer service was amazing and I had a great time! The cashier even gave me (for free) the Kumakumya Pochette, which would normally have been $82 USD! (You can see me holding the Pochette in the pictures)
There were a ton of good deals and I spent way less money than I thought I would. It was all-in-all a really great experience and I had a lot of fun!
My mother was born and raised in New York City and I've been going there since I was young. It's just as amazing as I remember it and I was excited to see a completely new neighborhood of it that I had never been to before. The food was great, the sweets were better, and the bubble tea was amazing! I also obtained my first ever brand items (I know, I'm still a Babylita xP)! I couldn't have had a better experience if I won the lottery.
I'm sad to say that the BTSSB/Tokyo Rebel store is closing at the end of the month. I couldn't believe how I almost missed it but I'm glad I got the chance to go before it closed. Although, according to the cashier, their online store will remain open. If you are in the area within the month, I really recommend visiting the store!

As always, thanks for reading and goodnight! ~

-Carlin de Dentelle

No comments:

Post a Comment